Cybertonature Knowledge Management Services
Web design, online community networks, travel forums, discussion groups, travel portals
Knowledge management is a primary tool of the manager, who must master the art of bringing
knowledge to the right person at the right time to make the right decision. To master this art, best
practices for knowledge management must be implemented to ensure that knowledge as a valuable
resource is applied to fulfill the mission of an organization. Best practices can be described as
- An awareness among decision-makers of the importance of tangible and intangible knowledge,
to be managed in the interest of the organization.
- •The creation of knowledge management institutions, consisting of specialists under supervision
of a suitable manager, to implement policies.
- Cultivation of a culture of learning and sharing of knowledge, changing attitudes from rivalry
- An audit of intangible knowledge-resources, organized into a "knowledge-base," consisting
of data on individuals who possess a specific knowledge about a subject of travel interest,
which all departments can access and use. By doing this unnecessary duplication can be
avoided and the benefit from accumulated knowledge can be assured.
- The use of computer equipment and modern communication systems to share knowledge
through online networking, as an aid but not replacing direct interaction among people.
Knowledgeable people can also use online networking to market specific expertise and make
it visible to anybody whom might needs it.
- Training programs on to leverage creative knowledge to deliver better products and
services to customers. The emphases of a program are on assisting people to take control of
their creative ability to grow as people and to add value.
- Protection of information and knowledge, but eliminating unnecessary obstacles in the sharing
of knowledge. Like any valuable commodity knowledge must be protected, but is of no use
if it cannot be accessed and used.
Best practices in the world of knowledge management can be summarized by describing it as the
manifestation of the understanding of knowledge as a vital strategic resource. The implement
knowledge management requires cognizance of best practices like clear policies, an organized
knowledge base, sharing through networking, the cultivation of creativity and the protection of
knowledge. Furthermore it requires a concerted effort from a spectrum of role players to achieve
Cybertonature strives to create a culture of knowledge sharing among role players in the travel and tourism arena. Through the establishment of databases, search engines, publications, and a network of selected quality travel web sites to actively share knowledge, we believe that all role players would eventually benefit.